Description: The AAUW Colorado Legacy in Leadership Award is given biannually to an AAUW Colorado member for contributions to AAUW’s mission and leadership at the branch, state or national level — or a combination thereof with emphasis on contributions at the state level. The recipient will be honored at the annual State Convention in even-numbered years.
Purpose: To honor and recognize outstanding AAUW service and support of AAUW’s mission — advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
- 2006 – Judy Sanderson
- 2008 – Sue Bodis
- 2010 – Betsy Loague
- 2012 – Lois Florkey
- 2014 – Betty Flaten
- 2016 – Diane Fuchs
- 2018 – Elaine Gardner and Amy Blackwell
- The nominee has served on the State Board and/or a State Committee for two or more terms.
- The nominee supports the mission of AAUW by guiding and inspiring other women and girls to participate in AAUW programs and activities.
- The nominee promotes excellent working relationships with all members to accomplish AAUW goals.
- The nominee has been an AAUW member for ten years, five of which have been in Colorado.
- Nominations for the Legacy Award may be initiated by members of AAUW with the final selection made by the AAUW Colorado Executive Committee.
- A completed online nomination form is to be submitted by January 15 in even-numbered years and will be forwarded to the State President.
- At the February AAUW Colorado Executive Committee meeting, in even-numbered years, the applications are reviewed and a nominee selected.
- At the State Convention, in even-numbered years, the nominee is presented with the Legacy of Leadership Award.
Award: AAUW Colorado will honor the award recipient by making a monetary contribution to an AAUW Fund of the recipient’s choice. An additional token of appreciation, to be determined by the Executive Committee, will be presented to the recipient.