AAUW is a national organization that promotes education and equity for all women and girls. Our commitment to these issues is reflected by our activism.
National has over 170,000 members and supporters with 1,000 branches and over 800 college/university institution partners nationwide, that lobbies and advocates for education and equity.
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
AAUW’s Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
AAUW’s Diversity Statement
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
Interesting statistics about AAUW members:
- 97% are registered voters
- 65% use the Web daily
- AAUW members have a minimum of an associate’s degree
- 46% have a master’s degree and 12% hold a doctorate
- More than 60% have above-average income
- 55% are between the ages of 40 and 70
AAUW Colorado generously supports the AAUW Funds.
These funds have been created to:
- Support protection of legal rights for those facing discrimination in any workplace.
(#3999 Legal Advocacy Fund)
- Support lifelong learning opportunities and scholarships.
(# 4336 Educational Opportunities Fund)
- Support advocacy for policies and laws affecting women.
(#4337 Public Policy Fund)
- Provide research on women’s issues.
(#9170 Eleanor Roosevelt Fund)
- Support programs that develop women’s potential to lead in their schools, communities, and country (#4339 Leadership Programs Fund)
- Provide assistance where there is the greatest need.
(#9110 Undesignated Gifts)
To donate now, click here to move to the Donations page.